C I R C U L A R
24th August, 2019
The Hony. Secretary
All Affiliated Units
Sub: Important decisions taken in the Council Meeting dated 10th August, 2019
1) As per Rule 15(A) of the Constitution, the vacancy of Late Binoy Kumar Dasmal as Vice President filled up by unanimous selection of Sri Debabrata Ghosh representing Nadia DSA, to hold office of Vice President till next Annual General Meeting.
2) SRI ANIL DEY & SRI SUDIP BHATTACHARJEE appointed as COACHES; SRI GOUR GOPAL SAHA & Ms.KEYA ROY MAJUMDER appointed as MANAGERS for the East Zone Badminton Championship to be held at Almora, Uttarakhand.
It was also decided that Coaches & Managers for other forthcoming Nationals will be appointed by the President in consultation with Hony. General Secretary.
3) Re-affiliations to South Calcutta Badminton Association & North Calcutta Badminton Association granted subject to payment of arrears of Affiliation Fee along with Re-affiliation fee of Rs.2000/- and fine of Rs.500/- at the earliest, but not later than 15 days from the date of Notice.
4) Finance Committeeâ€™s decisions approved. However, for covering fooding & lodging expenses for the final Talent Hunt Coaching Camp (90 players) at Raiganj, UDBA would approach Local Authority and if found insufficient or not available, WBBA would bear the deficit costs of food expenses.
5) This year Inter District Badminton Championship will be organised by Hooghly DBA and not the Inter District Badminton League. Tournament Committee to work out proper methodology for â€œInter District Leagueâ€ to be conducted at a convenient place.
6) In consonance with BAIâ€™s decision, if any registered player participates in any unauthorised Tournament / League his/her WBBA ID will be deactivated and registration will not be renewed for the next One Year;
7) With immediate effect there would be no appointment of any â€œObserverâ€ in any Tournament;
8) Henceforth, a player who does not withdraw his/her name before the last date of withdrawal of any Tournament and thereafter fails to participate in the Tournament, shall be required to pay to WBBA enhanced Fine of Rs. 750/-and if the same is not paid before submission of Entry for the next scheduled Tournament, Entry of the Tournament shall not be accepted and even if any payment towards Entry received, the same shall be refunded.
Sekhar C. Biswas
Hony. General Secretary